Sr. Help Desk Analyst
This is a permanent, direct-hire opening that will eventually work onsite in Franklin, TN. This is a help desk type role that will be taking ownership of the support calls that come from users and sometimes other IT employees. This person needs to know PCs and be comfortable with walking users through things and/or connecting to the PCs to fix them along with printers login issues, etc. This is NOT a call center, so this individual will be expected to continue to have ownership of the issue and communicate with the caller on status until the issue is resolved.
location: FRANKLIN, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Maintains network infrastructure.
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs network hardware, including routers, switches, network controllers, etc.; and voice and data communications, coordinates with network infrastructure vendors as directed.
- Installs specified network operating system and networking software.
- Deploys and configures virtual networks.
- Creates and maintains network infrastructure documentation.
- Systems administration.
- Monitors and maintains servers; installs system and applications software and patches.
- Maintains active directory; sets up new users, permissions, accounts, groups; assigns passwords and IP addresses; administers user authentication and authorization.
- Creates and maintains systems documentation; maintains software inventory.
- Assists supervisor in maintaining network security.
- Configures and maintains firewalls and URL filtering; administers security policies.
- Configures VPN for external secure network connections; maintains firewall connectivity for VPN connections.
- Monitors network security for all traffic including internet.
- Provides network and general hardware/software user support.
- Fields user help desk requests; tests, troubleshoots, and resolves network related issues.
- Provides intermediate level general user hardware and software support as needed to resolve problems.
- Provides routine database management support; adds users, sets up access; restores system to resolve problems if needed.
- Provides on call support outside of regular business hours.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Works in a safe and healthy manner, adhering to all safety rules and practices.
- Represents the company's core values of being committed, action oriented, innovative and accessible.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Office 365
- Technical Support
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.