Our Client. is looking for a Senior Equipment Development Engineer - Automation
in our San Jose, CA
office. The Senior Equipment Development Engineer will be responsible for development of new equipment and machines to support new or existing products. In this role you will work with internal and external resources to design and build tools involving materials, mechanical systems, electronics and SW/Firmware.
The Senior Equipment Development Engineer must be a leader, strategic thinker and problem solver -organized, disciplined and self-motivated- with the capability to balance multiple priorities related to operations and organization. To be able to conduct research, create protypes and develop manufacturing specifications.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000.00 - 139,999.97 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: in this role, you will...
- Lead, design and develop new equipment or improve existing equipment in support of the production. Interact and collaborate with other engineers such as Chemists, Software Engineers, Mechanical and Control Engineers both internally and externally.
- As the product owner you will take a design concepts all the way to the deployment.
- You plan the development activities: feasibility, prototype and deployment.
- Develop, communicate and document development activities. Own the debugging/ troubleshooting and design improvements in all the stages of the development.
- Participate in development, installation, testing and configuration of the prototype equipment and the subsystems. Participate in the development, processing and testing of materials to create products.
- Install or modify any required laboratory equipment.
- Independently execute research and development projects. Hands-on engineer capable of setting up quick lab tests for testing feasibility of concepts and ideas. Conduct hands-on experiments on equipment and develop thorough reports on the research.
- Accountable for the delivery of the final product on time meeting quality expectations.
- Work with production team to monitor unit operations, correct problems and assist in improvements, usually for special problems or projects.
- Work with engineering team to maintain and ensure continuous operation, including assistance during unit operational upsets or unit turnarounds.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Doctorate
- Solidworks (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.