job summary: Software Engineer needed for Contract Opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
As an Engineer on the team, you will work on all aspects of our game's front-end experience, including everything from player-facing UI to back-end and tooling. You will need to work in an existing codebase to create systems to allow our artists and designers to create beautiful, highly functional, and performant UI. The ideal candidate will enjoy finding new ways to leverage existing systems to enable content creators to do more. Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience in C++.
- Experience working with large and complex codebases.
- Passion for creating amazing AAA game experiences.
- strong communication skills, with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Previous game development or tools experience.
- Shipped titles or experience supported a release title.
- Familiarity using LUA as an embedded scripting language.
- Experience developing in a multi-player environment.
location: REDMOND, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $44 - 54 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop new and existing social features in the Slipspace engine and tools.
- Work across all aspects of a feature, including processes and pipelines.
- Work with designers to implement features and improve workflows.
- Work with producers to accurately schedule and coordinate work across the different teams.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Embedded Software Integrationm
- C++ (1 year of experience is required)
- working with complex codebase (1 year of experience is required)
- lua (1 year of experience is required)
- User Interface (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.