job summary: Randstad Technologies
is a global IT service and solutions organization. We support our clients technology initiatives and challenges through our projects, consulting, staffing and managed service offerings.
Our client is seeking an IT Auditor
to join their organization in the Baltimore, Maryland area.
Your experience in reviewing the existing processes and suggesting value added recommendations will allow you to successfully take responsibility as an IT Auditor. You'll be part of the audit team and, as such, play a major role in ensuring the robustness and effectiveness of the control environment.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Work closely with IT and business management to facilitate and enhance the IT audit process
- Perform IT related Sarbanes Oxley audits
- Perform IT audits and projects as required
- Supervise staff as required
- Execute the SOX program including: conducting walkthroughs, completing the rationalization of controls, testing of IT general and automated controls, identifying control gaps and deficiencies, and monitoring of remediation across a variety of systems.
- Execute and lead assigned IT operational audits from start to completion, including: planning, identifying risks, establishing objectives and scope of work, creating the audit program, performing the audit fieldwork, documenting work performed and results, and meeting audit project milestones.
- Participate in risk assessment and planning discussions to define audit objectives, scope, and develop audit programs based on the defined objectives.
- Develop remediation strategies/plans to assist control owners in enhancing the design and operating effectiveness of the internal control environment.
- Contribute to other internal department initiatives, such as training and development, developing and completing operational audits, and other internal reviews, as requested
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Accounting, or Finance
- Minimum 3-5+ years of experience within a Corporation's Internal Audit function or public accounting (external audit) experience.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred
- Working knowledge of IT general controls; system development lifecycle methodology; and applications controls
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work through an array of information and pinpoint underlying root issues.
- Interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Ability to multitask; work on several projects at the same time; remain flexible against changing priorities
- Capable of understanding and developing alternative solutions for issues in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage up and manage down for completion of tasks/projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint functionality.
- Familiarity with Cloud Solutions, Oracle and Blackline a plus
- Data analytics skills & experience a plus.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- IT Auditor (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.