job summary: CISCO SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT: Job functions:
- Hands on technical knowledge of legacy (TDM) and IP Telephony infrastructure, e.g. T1s, PRIs, SIP, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, Unity Connection and Webex.
- Work with SBCs and deploy SIP circuits.
- Skilled with Wireshark, troubleshooting complex IP Telephony issues, creating ladder diagrams with packet traces, determine the root cause.
- Interact with Telecom Carriers at various levels. Adding or disconnecting legacy/SIP circuits, handle incident resolution and change requests.
- Support Call Center environments. Be able to troubleshoot between CUCM and Genesys Call Center integrated via Cisco CUBEs.
- Create documents and processes, as required.
- Work on projects deploying evolving U.C. architecture, e.g. integrating MS Teams and CUCM; serve as Tech lead.
- Provide operational support on telephony issues. Act as third level escalation on incidents.
- Work with Verint Call recording system integrated with CUCM.
- Mentor and work with peers with varied skill sets.
location: Dorchester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Must have at least 10, ideally 15 years, experience as a Cisco Call Manager subject matter expert. CCNA/CCNP (UC) or higher certification is preferred.
- Hands on knowledge of Cisco Call Manager and Unity Connection, version 10.0 and above, and also Cisco Emergency Responder (CER).
- strong knowledge of IP Telephony and Telecom Carriers.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work in a very high paced and dynamic environment.
- In addition to operational expertise, ability to handle large scale projects is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the Genesys Call Center platform would be a big plus.
- Knowledge of SIP messaging and Carrier Toll Free Networks is necessary. Knowledge of Oracle and Cisco SBCs is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with Service Now ticketing system would be a plus.
- Be able to lead resolution of complex issues and perform under tight time constraints.
- Must have very strong knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Experience with producing high quality documentation.
- Good communications skills.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- cisco call manager
- Unity Connection
- Cisco SBCs
- Service Now ticketing system
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.