The Lead Architect, Marketing & Advertising will lead architecture for the Automotive Marketing Platform, providing leadership, guidance, and support to several Delivery Teams. They work with Engineering, Product, and Business leaders to align Agile Delivery Teams to a common technological and architectural vision of the product under development. They participate in defining the system and subsystems, validate technology assumptions, and evaluate alternatives through hands on prototyping and discovery. They serve as a technical subject matter expert to engineering, assist with the development of architecture standards, and champion technology and architecture related initiatives. They frame alternatives in both Technology and Business terms, ensuring that decisions are not made in isolation of their technology implications, and vice versa.
The right individual will balance product solutioning with technical thought leadership, and extend broader support to community of software engineers, in order to align everyone to a shared technology direction and strategy.
This role involves tight collaboration with Engineering teams, Products, and third-party stakeholders in defining the technology choices, infrastructure, subsystems and their interfaces.
location: Mission, Kansas
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Set the product architectural direction, long-term vision, and guiding principles
- Frame technical or architectural alternatives in technical and business terms, clearly articulating technical implications of various options
- Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore technical alternatives
- Champion sound architectural initiatives and alignment with broad architecture guidelines, effectively advocating for them with teams
- Drive creation, adoption and reuse of enterprise technology assets amongst teams; identify opportunities to create new reusable technology assets and promote them for use at the Release Train, Delivery Stream, Portfolio or Enterprise level
- Analyze technical debt and advocate with Product and Engineering for business-appropriate technical debt handling; contribute to Release Train and Delivery Stream technical debt analysis
- Support Delivery Team Engineers in technology selection and defining subsystems with their interfaces
- Establish critical Nonfunctional Requirements at the team and Release Train level; participate in the definition of others
- Serve as a technology thought leader
- Identify required Architectural Runway in support of upcoming Features/ Capabilities, and where necessary work with Product and Engineering counterparts to ensure that it is prioritized and delivered
- Plan and facilitate AWS Well Architected Framework reviews on a periodic basis, with an eye towards continual improvement
- Assist with improving architecture practices
- Foster overall quality of engineering deliverables
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- AWS (5 years of experience is required)
- React (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.