Our client is looking for a Java Integration Developer with real time project experience with Integrating Data between systems using Java Programming language. This person will need to have exposure to: working with API's, SQL, working in Datawarehouse, Cloud, Springboot, Java, kubernetes, kafka, cloud data platforms - oracle.
This person will be coming on as a senior resource with the opportunity to groom junior data engineers and work with virtualization and newer cloud technologies. The IT environment is very dynamic and fast pace with opportunity to grow long term and continuously improve skillsets. Skills:
- 70% of the time will be spent on developing Java Spring Boot application to enable Data Integration (Data Engineering) connecting Applications. Applications in this case could be Databases, Kafka, MQ's, API's etc.
- 30% of the time will be spent on project meetings, requirements review, design discussion.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internal and external
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytic skills with the ability to use key tools to dive deep and provide analysis consistently on performance metrics
- strong Microsoft Office program experience, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
location: KATY, Texas
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Act as a Data Engineering Technology Subject Matter Expert by proactively acquiring knowledge as it relates to technology changes and advancements, conduct POC's, develop prototypes and reusable frameworks.
- Act as a senior personal by coaching, mentoring Data Engineers and be the technology Expert for Data Engineering function as appropriate
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies and options for data engineering and data management
- Data Engineering responsibilities for designing and building data pipelines using technology stacks such as Kafka, Kafka Producers and Consumers, SQL and Java
- Contribute to establishing and growing Data Engineering designs, best practices and standards for the enterprise
- Partner with Business Analysts and Application developers across various functional areas within enterprise such as Store Systems, Merchandising, Digital etc. to design and deliver scalable data engineering solution
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications
- Provide expertise and recommend solutions to complex data engineering requirements and technical issue
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Warehouse
- Kafka (4 years of experience is preferred)
- Data pipeline (4 years of experience is preferred)
- data engineering (4 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.