Randstad. We support people and organizations in realizing their true potential. Moving them forward. human forward.
Our clients' team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
Let's talk about the role. Location:
Melbourne, FL Remote Capabilities:
Un Known Clearance Required:
FAA Public Trust Type of Role:
Network Control - Cleared Contractor - L2 (IP Network Operations Specialist (NOS))
location: Melbourne, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $33.39 - 38.39 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Job Description:
- Provide technical support for large private communications network. Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Employs various test methods used to remotely analyze fractional Enterprise Data networks including fractional T1; T1; fractional T3; T3; Ethernet; IP; and RF.
- Interprets equipment alarms in the network on-premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- CCNA Certification or must obtain within 3 months of start date.
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field with (2 to 4) years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associate's Degree with a minimum of (6) years of prior related experience.
- Minimum of (2) Years Telecommunications Network Troubleshooting experience.
- Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities considered:
- Experience with Layer 1 Troubleshooting
- Experience with call center phone systems and working with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience in Physical layer and routed technologies experience.
- Experience with Network Management systems and tools.
- Experience in remote maintenance and repair of CISCO network equipment.
- Experience with interacting with customers and meeting service-level timelines.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.