The SIOP (Sales, Inventory, Operations Planning)Supply Planning Leader/Master Scheduler is a key role reporting directly to the Global Supply Chain Director. This position will require an experienced S&OP professional able to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced and demanding environment, leveraging solid interpersonal and leadership skills. This role will be challenged to build and implement a world class S&OP process to improve customer satisfaction, profitability, inventory turns and working capital.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- This role will lead the management, execution, and maturity of the global S&OP processes for the assigned product portfolio.
- Execute all facets of the S&OP process to provide an optimum customer service level and working capital performance as defined by the organization's business operating plans and strategic objectives.
- Partner with Business Units, Sales, Finance and Operations to ensure a consensus planning process delivers an agreed-upon volume forecast and achievable plan-of-record; ensure gaps and overlaps are addressed, scenarios are completed and issues appropriately escalated to meet business objectives.
- Integrate firm backlog, bookings forecast, statistical forecasting, portfolio management, NPI, EOL, and other product demand signals to create a consensus demand forecast.
- Manage the statistical demand forecasting process and required tools and master data.
- Collaborate with Business Management, Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations and Finance to ensure that the appropriate information is available and accurate to be reviewed through the S&OP process meetings and establish the S&OP plan-of-record.
- Lead the S&OP management reviews, prepare all data and metrics for review, identify gaps and scenarios that must be presented, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs, and prepare escalations for executive review where appropriate.
- Create the S&OP minutes, communicate key conclusion to stakeholders and perform follow up of the actions.
- Recommend optimal inventory levels at various locations across the supply chain and support the proactive management of those levels in order to achieve targeted customer satisfaction as well as mitigate inventory exposure.
- Ensure smooth transition of NPI from upstream product engineering to downstream production.
- Analyze supply and demand issues and facilitate resolution throughout the supply chain.
- Assist in quantifying and defining scope for capacity, resource, logistics, and supply chain planning.
- Evaluate supplier delivery performance and capability, building into the S&OP process risk mitigating approaches to manage suppler performance variation.
- Maintain forecasts and manage links between systems for forecasting, master production scheduling, inventory management and production management.
- As integral part of company's key business process systems' selection, implementation, and execution, document and share "best practice" methods, processes and ideas across the business's supply chain operations to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of business operations.
- Lead corporate initiatives aimed at improving current business processes.
- Apply an advanced knowledge of materials and supply chain management and draw upon substantial experience to identify and/or solve highly complex business problems.
- Develop strategies for analysis, to build data collection plans, to interpret data, to transform data into information, to draw conclusions, and to present and execute proposals supported by the analysis
- Support the development of supply chain management strategies to optimize supply chain investments, improve supply/demand processes, and deliver customer service requirements
- Demonstrate a hands-on leadership approach to identifying, resolving and communicating issues
- Support the design, development, and institutionalization of best practices in the supply planning process with both internal and external business partners
- Utilize the ERP planning and Data Warehouse systems to gather key data needed to drive business decisions
- Identify, resolve and escalate supply chain risks including but not limited to, production disruptions and inventory shortages
- SIOP RCCP
- Addresses demand and supply planning issues elevated by operations for resolution and escalates as required.
- Implement process to ID constraints to build and meet customer and financial commitments - commercial, engineering, material, labor and machine capacity
- Provide regular updates on supply status, risks and opportunities to all key internal partners
- MPS Process development, deployment, control, and refinement
- Define MPS process and lead implementation across sites
- Define path to implementation of scheduling tool and lead project to implement
- Lead Inventory Management Process for designated BU
- Establish methods for review and disposition of excess and obsolete/unsupported inventory
- Collaborate with sites and business units to drive DIOH targets
- Lead PFEP Implementation, Refresh, and Training
- Implement Inventory Entitlement model tied to market lead times
- Support SKU Rationalization efforts
- Drive process for use of ERP systems to implement planning strategies
- Collaborate with Sites and Business Units to Deliver SIOP Scorecard Metrics including on time to promise in period and days of inventory (DIOH) targets
- Supply Chain/SIOP Scorecard/KPIs
- Develop, monitor, publish, and present the key performance metrics for the Supply Chain organization
- NPI - own process for NPI integration into supply planning
- Develop, implement, and monitor process for phase-in/phase-out process for new product launches and transitions
- Drive Lead Time/ETECT Reduction
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Supply Chain (10 years of experience is required)
- Sales/Inventory/Ops/Planning (10 years of experience is required)
- Materials Planning (10 years of experience is required)
- Purchasing (10 years of experience is required)
- Logistics (10 years of experience is required)
- Production Scheduling (10 years of experience is required)
- Supervisor/Lead (5 years of experience is required)
- ERP (10 years of experience is required)
- Manufacturing (5 years of experience is required)
- 8D Problem Solving
- Lean (6 years of experience is required)
- MS Excel
- Supply Chain Planning Tools (5 years of experience is required)
- NPI (8 years of experience is required)
- Master Scheduler (10 years of experience is required)
- Project Controls
- Project Controls
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.