job summary: Gameplay Systems Engineer needed for permanent opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in S. California. Can be remote from a few other states as well.
Our client is looking for a talented, enthusiastic Gameplay Systems Engineer to contribute to the studio's next-generation role-playing game. Working closely with the Lead Systems Designer and Engineer, the ideal candidate will develop and maintain a variety of gameplay systems from the back end code all the way to the UI, helping their world-class development team bring their ideas to life. Requirements
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the console video game or related industry
- Advanced understanding of C++
- strong communication skills and a passion for making games
- Self-Motivated and willing to participate in all areas of engineering
- Basic understanding of artist, designer, and engineer development pipelines
- UI Engineering experience
- Professional experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- Passion for RPGs
location: NEWPORT BEACH, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work with the Gameplay Systems team to implement end-to-end core RPG features such as Quests, Dialogue, Abilities, Progression, etc.
- Work with design team to evaluate workflows, establish best practices, and identify areas for improvements
- Analyze, debug, and improve existing Gameplay Systems and Unreal features.
- Collaborate with other engineers to create efficient and reusable solutions
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Gameplay Engineer
- Game Developer
- Unreal Engine 4
- C++ (2 years of experience is required)
- UI Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.