job summary: Pipeline Technical Artist needed for permanent opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in S. California. Can be located remotely from a few other states as well.
Our client is looking for a talented, enthusiastic Pipeline Technical Artist to contribute to the studio's next-generation role-playing game. Working closely with the Tools and Content Creation teams, the ideal candidate will develop and maintain a variety of workflow related scripts and tools to help them improve all their content creation pipelines including Modeling, Rigging, Animation, VFX, Deformation, and Simulation. Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a tools developer
- Advanced understanding Python scripting
- Ability to debug, maintain, and extend existing scripts and tools
- Detailed knowledge of Maya, Motionbuilder, Substance, and Photoshop
- Support focused mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working on another AAA Asset pipeline
- Exposure to Houdini and Houdini Engine
- Prior experience with Maya API, Mel
- Understanding of visual gameplay scripting (ex. Unreal Blueprints)
- Experience with node-based shaders and/or HLSL
- Knowledge of 3D Math
- Experience with a compiled language (C++, C#, etc)
location: NEWPORT BEACH, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Understand existing art and animation pipelines, proactively identifying areas for workflow improvement and optimization
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Art teams to create next-generation asset pipelines for Unreal Engine 5.
- Provide technical support for content creators
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Technical Artist (2 years of experience is preferred)
- Unreal Engine 4
- Tools Development
- Python (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.