We have an exciting opportunity with a global client to join their Transportation team as the GO TO Analyst! This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that values you as an employee, wants to see you succeed and will support you every step of the way! If you are driven, have a great personality, excellent excell skills, analytical and have a logistics/supply chain background......apply right now!
location: East Brunswick, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $33.65 - 36.05 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Measure carrier, provider, vendor and plant performance against targets and expectations for required service and cost
- Support business requirements gathering and evaluation for carrier and provider network
- Conduct analytics that support contractual negotiations / transportation RFP and sourcing
- Leverage business information and analytics to drive efficiencies, optimizations, and delivery solutions
- Analyze freight flow cost reduction and service improvement opportunities by studying transportation costs, transit times, and delivery performance
- Provide routine reporting and analytics and ad hoc requests from supported lines of business
- Production of executive and management level performance reporting with keen attention to detail and delivered quality
- Responsible for presentation and interpretation of key performance and leading indicators
- Support the weekly / monthly / quarterly presentation of delivered service
- Building partnerships with key service providers while also organizing routine performance reviews, publishing carrier scorecards and driving process improvement activities
- Own transportation functional support for activities from data collection to implementation
- Identify gaps in carrier lane coverage, partnering with strategic and core carriers to ensure delivered services meets contracted commitments
- Support function and in collection of business requirements to ensure proper provider selection and cost profile
- Demonstrated analytical competency and understanding of general transportation related processes
- ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners.
- Excel and MS office skills, data visualization competency preferred
- Working knowledge of transportation, distribution and broader supply chain concepts
- General business acumen.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be a team player and customer service driven.
- Exhibits initiative and willingness to learn and adapt to new processes or work content
- Work Experience &/or Education
Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain/Logistics preferred. 4-year degree required. Prior experience in a customer service environment and demonstrated experiences Microsoft Office applications and analytics required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Transportation (2 years of experience is required)
- Process Control (2 years of experience is required)
- Excel (4 years of experience is required)
- Data Analysis (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.