This role is responsible for maintaining servers in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities. Data Center Technicians take ownership in maintaining high availability for our millions of customers websites. Effective communication with customers and team members, possess extensive and detail knowledge of hardware and operations, as well as an attention to detail and documentation skills are critical to being a successful member of the team.
location: SCOTTSDALE, Arizona
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
What you'll get to do...
- Perform hardware troubleshooting and maintenance on mission critical systems (storage, network, servers)
- Perform data and power cable management
- Accomplish inventory control for servers, components and cables
- Respond to regular phone requests from 24x7 Operations Center
- Ability to determine the best course of action based on extremely complex issues
- Demonstrate critical thinking ability
- Formulate, affect, interpret, or implement policies and procedures
Your experience should include...
- Experience working with Linux and Windows at the command line
- Experience resolving PC and server hardware issues
- Experience working in a large data center (100+ servers) is helpful
- Work a flexible shift and participate in an on-call rotation as necessary
- Travel between Data Center sites
- Must have performed a Safari at the data center
- Work well in a high stress environment
- Ability to kneel, crawl, reach above shoulder height and lift 50lbs repeatedly throughout shift
- Walk/move about the data center facility for up to 85% of shift time.
- Ability to communicate with team members clearly
- Must pass a skill-assessment and performance review after 90 days
You might also have...
- Intermediate Linux OS knowledge
- Basic Windows OS knowledge
- Basic command line troubleshooting knowledge
- Basic programming knowledge
- Basic knowledge for automation programming
Tools we work with:(for Product SDE / SDET or CIO or CTO roles)
- Office Suite
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Data Center
- SERVICE NOW
- microsoft office suite
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.