Our client is searching for a motivated data engineering professional who is passionate about building cutting-edge data solutions in the AWS cloud. The ideal candidate should have experience migrating on premise data in SQL Server to AWS cloud. Someone who is a consistent learner who is passionate, opinionated and thrives in a fast-paced environment where you can be a driving force in helping our client achieve their aggressive growth goals. What You'll Need
- 7+ years' experience with Apache Spark or Databricks
- 7+ years' experience with SQL Server
- 3+ years of proven experience in AWS Cloud
- 3+ years' experience data modeling for analytical data assets
- Apache Spark/Databricks, Apache Airflow
- Proficiencies - Python and SQL programming
- Teradata Vantage (Nice to have)
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Onsite training available if needed for DataBricks
location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 100 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The Senior Data Engineer will help build our next-generation, cloud native Data Platform
- The Senior Data Engineer will migrate our on-premise databases using Teradata Vantage to take them to AWS Snowflake
- Build enterprise data assets that will be used for reporting, analytics, and data science.
- Mentor other data engineers and analysts in data engineering best practices.
- Analyze and evaluate the quality of third-party data providers.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- System Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.