job summary: Description:
Demonstrated experience performing the duties below.
Worker will start remotely, but could eventually need to go on-site in Framingham so should be local to the Boston area.
- Participates in developing and executing test plans on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software. Participates in developing automated test plans and tools.
- Participates in evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Participates in developing quality assurance software protocols to support established quality assurance standards.
- Writes code and testing protocols and plans. Implements activities that generally impact discrete components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects.
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of the professional function.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur. Has experience in identifying the relationship of bugs to software code.
- Is proficient in SQL and has working knowledge of Inventory, Replenishment and WMS Systems.
- Familiarity with iSeries and interfaces is a plus. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment. Work is subject to regular supervisory review at regular intervals. Operates within the context of defined procedures.
location: Framingham, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $43.79 - 53.79 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Tests and evaluates in-house and third-party software to ensure compliance with organizational standards and requirements.
- Creates tests to ensure software meets user needs.
- Creates and maintains project test plans.
- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Collects and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business processes to address the needs of the business.
- Documents all problems and assists in their resolution.
- Performs work under general supervision.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group.
- Competencies: Detail oriented. Planning skills. Analytical thinking skills.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.