Our client is looking for Tier 1 Service Desk Technician to provide proactive, high level of customer service to employees on a variety of technical and support issues including or involving the following but not limited to: company-provided computer systems, operating systems, LAN/WAN, printers and application software. Respond to employee inquiries, run diagnostic programs, install hardware and software, isolate problems and determine/implement a solution.
location: OLATHE, Kansas
job type: Contract
salary: $18.00 - 19.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Respond proactively to telephone calls, emails, and chat sent to the IT Service Desk system as the first level of assistance.
- Open and/or close work orders (via IT Service Desk software) on each call received.
- Escalate problems and requests as necessary to ensure positive resolution.
- Conduct research on relatively simple issues and escalates issues that cannot be resolved in 20 minutes to either a more senior IT Service Desk level or tier 2 support.
- Create, modify and/or delete user accounts per company's policy and update appropriate documentation (e.g. account termination spreadsheet).
- Guide end users through troubleshooting procedures to restore technical service
- Re-image workstations and laptops (using current image software) when required.
- Accurately document user issues and troubleshooting steps, test results and resolution information within incidents and service requests
- Maintain an increasing level of proficiency in hardware, software, networking and other technologies supported by the IT Dept.
- Participate in company technology projects as needed.
- Maintain an accurate, timely record of hours spent on Work Orders and projects in time and accounting systems.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.