The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks. The SDET provides automated testing expertise and oversight. SDET also plays a role in providing advice and guidance for emerging quality/testing technologies. The SDET will be a key person in developing and executing QA activities for the Digital Technologies Quality Assurance Team. This individual will be an experienced hands-on SDET and help lead the quality management practice as we grow our organization. This person will be responsible for developing automated and manual testing methodologies and performing quality assurance needs analysis. The SDET will perform functional / exploratory manual testing as needed in addition to automated testing. The SDET will have strong knowledge with regard to system integration testing (SIT), user acceptance testing (UAT), and performance testing.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $52 - 72 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Analyze product and technical user stories, as well as, requirements and functional and non-functional design specifications and create test cases, manual tests, and automated tests Develop and execute automated testing scripts/code and be responsible for their implementation into the various environments Manage, document & report software issues/concerns and report to appropriate team members Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of products Manage functional and automated testing process and test infrastructure in support of application development efforts Integrate with CI/CD to establish continuous test cycle Create project schedules identifying all task required for small, medium and large testing events Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products Participate in development of QA methodology, templates and best practices for testing Collaborate with other QA and SDET teammates to develop test strategies to tackle complex testing scenarios Recommend improvements to testing processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of testing teams and reduce technical debt Partner with developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards Experience testing distributed applications in both on-premise and public cloud environments Maintain build documentation as necessary. Prepare production support documentation
- *Minimum 3 years of SDET and QA experience with Windows and Linux based Web and mobile environments.
- *Minimum 3 years' experience working in a SDET role within a software development organization focused on Web, API, and mobile.
- *Minimum 1 year database test automation experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools like Selenium, Jest, Robot Framework, etc.
- Experience working with Web testing and associated technologies (Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, Postman, PhantomJS, etc.)
- Ability to write and test basic SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience utilizing debugging tools and conducting root cause analysis for defects
- Working knowledge of the various types of testing, from functional testing to performance and security testing
- Experience in bug management tools (VSTS or JIRA) and development environments like Visual Studio or Eclipse
- Experience in review and selection of manual test cases for automation test suites
- Ability to provide metrics on business process and code coverage for automated test suites
- Partner with developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards
- Experience testing and working in continuous delivery (CICD) environment required.
- Atlassian Jira/Confluence experience a plus.
- Understanding of Agile SDLC and ticket-driven work processes.
- Experience working with Mobile testing and associated technologies (Appium, Cucumber, Azure App Center, etc.)
- Ability to write and test SQL queries and stored procedures
- strong hands-on ability to develop and maintain test automation frameworks
- Significant experience utilizing debugging tools, conducting root cause analysis conducting fixes where possible
- Experience in testing and automating RESTful APIs Coordinate regression test automation activities across supported applications
- Ability to define, implement, and manage processes and "best practices" with regard to automated testing
- Experience in establishing processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test suites
- Manage and perform manual testing Testing experience in the banking industry preferred Significant experience testing and working in continuous delivery (CICD) environment required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Testing (3 years of experience is required)
- Mobile Testing
- Web Testing
- Automation Tester
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.