Our client is seeking a Senior Splunk Engineer for its growing Cyber Security practice in Houston, Texas. Grow long term with an established organization - continuing to expand as security inevitably is absolute to all organizations.
This person must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Senior Security Engineer with a solid background in Splunk, solid experience with deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting of SIEM appliances, hands on ability to manage distributed Splunk cluster infrastructure and all related components, and in depth knowledge of Splunk SPL and visualization.
Communication skills are very important in this role as you will be working closely with clients.
Advanced scripting skills like Perl, Bash, Python, and Java preferred
CISSP, CEH, Splunk Certified Architect, or Splunk Accredited Engineer certifications are highly desired but not required
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Deploy and configure Splunk solutions to help clients effectively manage security threat, risks?and incidents
- Demonstrate previous experiences, share standard methodologies, and build creative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
- Examine and understand customer requirements
- Architect, build, and expand on existing solutions to solve challenging customer problems.
- Developing dashboards, designing data models, and delivering analysis of data to customers
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Network Security
- SECURITY ENGINEER
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.