The DevOps Engineer's objective is to essentially "make things scale" which includes: building software that automates experiences, developing tools that provide insights/metrics, and providing instrumentation for the Engineering teams to more efficiently scale up the platform's performance.
- Lived experience running Kubernetes in production
- Know your way around the OSI networking model, with deep knowledge of Layer 2 to 4
- Edge computing, in particular, any experience with: IoFog, Balena, KubeEdge
location: MENLO PARK, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $165,000 - 175,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Find opportunities to drive efficiencies in our hardware and software platforms as well as improving or automating manual processes
- Develop software to automate routine tasks, infrastructure management, and validate changes
- Be responsible for evangelizing best practices for application architecture and observability, working with developers to ensure that applications meet Strateos' criteria for stability, resiliency, security, etc.
- Provide on-call services for production systems
- Contribute to scaling build, test, and deployment pipelines
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Python (2 years of experience is required)
- aws (2 years of experience is required)
- kubernetes (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.