As SRE Manager, beyond managing, you will also be managing the network at our automated labs and integration of customer labs with our product. You will be primarily working hands on, so technical acumen is crucial, but just as important is your ability to own objectives, prepare Cloud operations for the future, and form a strong integration with neighboring teams.
- Several years experience managing cloud installations ( AWS, Google, Microsoft )
- Managed multiple reports for multiple years, with a history or growing careers and retention
- Several years experience in Cloud infrastructure fundamentals ( Monitoring, Alerting, Networking, Security, Provisioning, Deployment, Release )
- Participated in a pager rotation
location: MENLO PARK, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $185,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead a team of SRE engineers to support Cloud installations and on premises networks
- Determine team needs, hire them, and ensure high performance of SRE's
- Empower team members to grow, thrive and find fulfillment in work
- Establish a technical roadmap and departmental vision which supports the goals and directions neighboring departments
- Establish SLA's and ensure systems are meeting commitments
- Create/Modify systems and processes to balance long term business needs, bug fixes, and urgent requests.
- Empower software engineering teams by providing automated infrastructure
- Diagnose and fix production blocking issues quickly, clearly messaging status to all affected parties during the downtime, all the while maintaining an even temperament
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 12 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- AWS (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.