job summary: Overall Responsibilities:
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Plan, write, publish, and maintain high-quality technical documentation aimed at internal engineering audiences
- Work with PMs and UX researchers to identify critical user journeys and design information architectures that help customers through those journeys
- Organize existing documents, identify documentation needs, and spearhead efforts to fill in gaps and improve coverage and quality
- Edit content submitted by engineers to conform to our TW style.
- Create and publish new content for discrete projects.
- Review content submitted by engineers.
- Meet with engineers/PgMs to help address documentation questions for discrete projects
- Please provide 2-3 samples describing one's contributions to the samples.
- Forms of technical writing (SW is a plus) are welcome.
- Bachelor's Degree in English or CS 4-5 years experience in developing, structuring, and designing content that is concise and clear
- Ability to research, develop and test content independently Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Self-starter who takes initiative and delivers results Adept at establishing relationships and alliances with engineering teams
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills Good understanding of markup languages such as HTML, Markdown
- Knowledge of SQL and with SQL scripting Knowledge of C++
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate with engineers, PMs, T/PgMs, and UX specialists located in multiple locations, including SVL, NYC and ZRH
- Occasionally help edit other written collateral, such as product roadmaps, newsletters, job postings, academic publications, etc.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.