job summary: Description: IP Network Operations Specialist
- Provide technical support for large private communications network. Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
location: Melbourne, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $37.25 - 42.25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Employs various test methods used to remotely analyze fractional Enterprise Data networks including fractional T1; T1; fractional T3; T3; Ethernet; IP; and RF.
- Interprets equipment alarms in the network on-premise equipment or telco's network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field or equivalent relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Previous experience in telecommunication call centers and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 6+ years' physical layer and routed technologies experience.
- 6+ years networking technologies experience with RF, ATM, DWDM, and Frame Relay.
- 6+ years' experience with Network Management systems and tools.
- 6+ years' experience in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment: Cisco, Eastern Research, and APC.
- CCNA Certification
- Prior experience required in maintaining high service levels in a demanding customer support services environment.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.