job summary: Job Description: Responsibility:
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Assists Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity. More senior role has responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise.
- Coordinates tasks between various teams, develops processes, resolves issues and ensures team and customers receive required information and documentation to perform their responsibilities.
- Responsible for managing deliverables and communicating with application teams to meet project deadlines will be the main areas of focus for this person.
- Responsible for initiating and tracking communications among our customers. Provides feedback to our teams to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Manage and lead complex projects through entire project lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration and test, trial, and deployment). Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required.
- Typically has 5 to 7 years of IT work experience, including 5 or more years managing projects. Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Agile Scrum Certified, with experience in Rally (or similar tracking tool).
- Agile or Kanban experience preferred.
- Preferred Enterprise systems or database administration background
- Expertise in infrastructure concepts
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $52.38 - 62.38 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Create and track an end-to-end project plan (in conjunction with the scrum master and team leads).
- Lead change request generation and tracking.
- Identify and manage critical path and risk areas, and create risk response and mitigation plans.
- Communicate statuses on progress, risks and issues.
- Work with management to maintain the project specific budget.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Technical Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.