Sr. Java Engineer
job summary: Position Overview:
Client's PSET-Forge Engineering team is looking for a passionate Sr Java Software Engineer to join our team. Our organizational ecosystem comprises cloud services and web client components. In this role, you will be instrumental in driving key parts of the implementation of the cloud data platform of Client. This is an opportunity to work on applications that directly impact the millions of users of Client products.
You will be part of an agile engineering team of smart and highly motivated software engineers building world-class cloud software applications and services. You will work in a global organization and collaborate with local and remote colleagues from various disciplines like business, engineering, operations, support etc. You will work with the latest technologies in a flexible environment. Minimum Qualifications:
- Effective knowledge of Java, Spring/Spring-Boot development experience
- 3 to 5 years' experience minimum.
- Experience in building highly scalable systems and services in the cloud, including calling other REST services from within a REST service
- Skill and experience with design patterns both using microservices as well as traditional patterns such as singleton, factory, facade, flyweight, etc.
- Experience with common tools/processes such as GIT, Maven, unit tests, PR/code reviews.
- Hands-on experience with AWS (or other cloud provider's) technologies such as SQS and S3 or Google Cloud or other Cloud providers such as Azure.
- Experience working with any NoSQL or RDBMS database system such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle or equivalent.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experience in building, running and monitoring SaaS applications at large scale
- Understanding of architectural patterns such as CQRS, transactions
- Experience using AWS technologies such as CloudWatch, IAM, Lambda, Aurora/MySQL etc.
- Experience with multi-repo GIT code bases, REST-based web services, behavior-driven development testing frameworks such as Cucumber, shell scripts, automated CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with relational or non-relational databases and database design principles at cloud scale
location: Novi, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Contribute to all aspects of software development from design to estimation to development and testing. Demonstrable Java programming/problem solving skills.
- Develop, debug and build automated tests for various programming assignments
- Partner closely with product owners, software architects and other software engineers to iteratively turn high level requirements into product enhancements that are delivered to customers incrementally and continually.
- Contribute to improvements in processes and deliverables that increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team in responding to customer and business needs.
- Thrive in an Agile environment including Kanban/Sprint
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.