job summary: Job Summary
The Lead Business Systems Analyst delivers solutions to complex business problems with consideration to business need and the capacity and limitation of associated business systems, evaluating system changes for downstream impact. This position consults on the development, specification and integration of enterprise data warehouse, analytics tools and reporting systems. As a working Lead, the position both contributes directly and guides others to analyze business needs, document requirements, translate needs into functional and/or technical specifications, write and execute test cases and plans, and oversee testing processes. Minimum Required Education, Experience & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field required. (Four additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree).
- 10+ years of experience in developing requirements and performing systems analysis.
- 4+ years analysis experience in a data warehouse or data delivery services environment.
- 4+ years analysis experience using T-SQL.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC).
- 3+ years of experience in project management and/or leading technical projects or teams.
- Ability to communicate ideas and problem solutions.
- strong writing skills with ability to generate professional communications and training material.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business functions.
- Experience in Medicare Claims and Medicare Risk Adjustment.
- Advanced course of study in information technology, business or other field.
- Experience with project management and project control methodologies.
- Experience process re-engineering and best practice implementations.
- Functional understanding of Informatics/ETL, SQL Server (Version 2008 or higher), Visual Studio (Version 2008 or higher), SQL SSRS, SQL SSIS.
- Experience with Cloud-based technologies and/or Cloud migrations.
location: TELECOMMUTE, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Must be open to converting to FTE at a $100-$105K salary. Essential Job Functions
Defines project scope and objectives based on business unit needs combined with a thorough understanding of enterprise business systems and industry requirements. Performs a major role in the development and implementation of enterprise-wide data and analytics systems. This role may interface with multiple IT teams, Business teams and Corporate partners. Serves as an expert resource regarding the alignment of the enterprise data warehouse, analytics and reporting system strategies with the business goals and strategic drivers. Applies knowledge of managed care operating environment and underlying systems data to all major production systems used for delivery of data services to internal and external customers. Develops and maintains strong relationships with both internal/external customers at the senior management and executive level in order to influence project teams and gain consensus on the selection of the most viable solutions. The position acts as a key team member to both IT and the assigned business unit in assessing new projects and provides input to scoping and estimating work effort. Uses strong critical thinking skills along with managed care or physician office business knowledge to have insight and understanding of business concepts, tools and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business. Supports quality assurance through activities such as validation of design to business requirements, writing and/or reviewing test plans, and conducting testing. Tracks progress and notifies management of issues that require escalation, and assumes responsibility for resolving or coordinating the resolution of system and process issues. Manages workload and assignments across the team's operations and project efforts, and manages specific tasks to ensure success. Collaborates on and oversees various cross-functional projects as assigned. Provides guidance and mentoring to Business System Analysts for tasks including requirements documentation, data mapping, test plans, deployment plans, troubleshooting and release/change management process steps. Leads or assists in the development of IT communication and business training materials, processes, and procedures related to reporting packages and reporting systems. Conducts training sessions and serves as an IT subject matter resource for medical directors, providers, clinical staff, and support staff in areas related to data and analytics. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.