job summary: Our client in the Greater Madison Area is looking for a Data Engineer II contractor to work remotely: Desired Skillset:
- 5+ years relevant experience in data and/or software engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Expert in SQL for data development, exploration, debugging, and query optimization (including DDL and DML)
- Experience in ETL development and source code management
- ETL job orchestration, batch process automation, lights-out batch processing in medium to large data warehouse implementations, setup and optimization of operational data streams using scheduling tools
- Agile environment and framework; including Jira, Confluence, and Matillion DDL repository
- Experience with Snowflake (or other cloud database systems)
- Python development skills
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure services (AWS, SQS, S3, GitLab)
- Experience with BOX integration
- RestAPI development experience
- Previously worked with CRM systems
- Epic BI Developer (BID)
- SAP experience
- Databricks knowledge and experience
- Life sciences, biotechnology or related industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
location: MADISON, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
In this role the Data Engineer II is responsible for the full lifecycle development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the enterprise data warehouse, data platforms, analytics, and reporting environments. This person will also be responsible for supporting the integration of these systems with other applications. Collaboration with different IT teams and utilization of technical expertise to design and develop complex solutions will be required. Essential Duties
Include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, from understanding business enterprise data needs through solution design, development, testing, implementation, and support.
- Automate and develop data pipelines.
- Clean and prep data.
- Conduct reviews of code being designed and developed by peers and partners.
- Collaborate with analysts and other users of data.
- Provide expertise in data management, integration, analytics, reporting, and assist with technical and non-technical questions.
- Utilize technical design for solutions from business and undertake code development.
- Provide technical support for code deployments, query optimization, and investigating data issues in data warehouses, operational data stores, and other disparate data sources.
- Pay attention to and monitor technology trends and solutions and recommend enhancements to our technical environment to keep pace with changing business demands and scale.
- Promote the role and capabilities of IT to enhance the professional development of all staff through example, recommendation, and accommodation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight and direction.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment.
- Ability to build consensus across functions.
- strong analytical, problem solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Data Engineer
- data warehousing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.