job summary: Mandatory Skills and Qualifications:
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Architecture and design of AWS, Azure and Oracle OCI and/or other Cloud solutions.
- Well versed in building product-quality software on AWS including experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across data layer technologies.
- Configuration and deployment experience with AWS IaaS Technologies such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53 and with AWS apps technologies.
- Firm grasp on cloud security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface).
- Configure and administer firewall technologies including: Barracuda NGF and Barracuda Web Application Firewalls (WAF);
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of security operations, including firewall rules and security policies
- Networking ability and knowledge of firewall platforms to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outings
- Collaborate to design, plan, and implement new firewall architectures, upgrades, and features as necessary
- Experience in upgrading firewalls, domain controllers, and web filters.
- Experience working with Cisco and Barracuda products, including Catalyst series switches, ASA5525-firewalls, Barracuda Next Gen firewalls
- Assist in reviewing and implementing customer changes consistent with existing policies; review and update documentation to ensure consistency with current procedures.
- Manage and tune additional software blades associated with firewall architecture (IPS, URL, Application Control, AV, Advanced Malware detection)
- Conduct regular review of WAF events to identify anomalous behavior
- Leadership, interpersonal, and verbal/written communications skills enabling him/her to work effectively across the program, and to accurately represent engineering perspectives to program management and leadership.
- Network Switching and Routing
- Microsoft Server (including Active Directory)
- Cloud Based Services (Azure & AWS, Oracle OCI)
- Barracuda Cisco Switching and Routing
- Single Sign-on Solutions
- User Identity Management Solutions
- Linux Servers
- Experience with system performance, error reporting and monitoring tools
- Experience designing and implementing solutions at an enterprise level
- Scripting language and Infrastructure automation using Terraform / Ansible skills is highly desired.
- Experience with infrastructure technologies including Windows/Linux, VMWare, patch management, and system monitoring solutions.
- Experience with networking; switch and firewall configurations and network design.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Engineering, or related discipline with 5+ years of experience 5-7 years of diverse network engineering and administration experience with firewalls, IPS/IDS, routers, switches and networking equipment.
CISSP, CEH, CCIE, CCNP, AWS certification in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer or Systems Ops
location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $54.00 - 67.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- The Cloud Systems/Network Engineer is responsible for the design, creation, deployment and management of AWS cloud/ Azure and Oracle OCI environment that includes Implementing ,Maintaining Supporting the firewalls and security devices
- Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for typical systems engineering functions:
- Analyzing system requirements and leading design and development activities.
- Providing technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporating new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations.
- Install, support, and maintain firewall and other security hardware and software infrastructure according to industry best practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention devices, and VPN concentrators - Diagnose advanced problems and solve issues, often under time constraints
- Subject matter expert for the firewall team and consult with other business units when necessary.
- Monitors network performance and implements performance tuning when necessary.
- Manage firewall/security systems by establishing and enforcing policies, defining, and monitoring access. Reporting firewall operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Responsibilities Installation, configuration and administration of network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS and load balances.
- Developing technical documentation.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- AWS IaaS
- Network Engineer
- AWS apps
- Oracle OCI
- Network Switching
- Active directory
- Linux Servers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.