job summary: Senior Outsourcing Artist needed for permanent Opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Tustin, CA.
We are looking for a Senior Outsource Artist that specializes in the creation and integration of a wide variety of asset types. As Senior Outsource Artist, you will collaborate with production and our internal Artists to help guide the creation of art assets for external partners. We are looking for someone that can hit high quality bars while understanding all the technical and aesthetic details required. Working from our Southern California office, you'll partner with artists, designers, and engineers to deliver best in class game art. If you are interested and are a leader in the industry that is experienced, motivated, and highly skilled, our team would love to meet you. Requirements:
- Ability to productively collaborate and communicate with teammates
- Excellent attention to detail regarding shape, scale, and proportion
- Ability to research, document, concept, manage, and design large and small projects
- Experience creating a variety of assets types from concept to final
- strong production skills with the ability to work with and coordinate art processes and teams
- Outstanding mechanical aptitude and passion for creating functional artwork
- Ability to multitask and wear multiple (art) hats to complete a wide variety of projects
- strong concept interpretation skills with the ability to fill in the blanks.
- strong surfacing, color, and Substance Painter skills
- Deep understanding of in game pipelines with the know how to further develop them
- Shipped multiple games using the Unreal game engine as a Senior 3D Artist
- Portfolio demonstrating a variety of techniques and visually appealing art assets
- Training and tutoring skills are a plus
- Experience working on a first and\or third person game
- Bachelor's degree in Art & Design
- Demo Reel with breakdown
location: NEWPORT BEACH, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provide clear and concise written and verbal feedback to external and internal artists
- Work closely with Production to organize, track, and document status of outsourced assets
- Review, document, and share art improvement feedback with vendors
- Help prioritize and manage outsourced tasks to ensure best possible quality in a timely fashion
- Mentor and train external Artists while developing long term working relationships
- Work closely with the project Art Director and Leads to ensure the vision of the game is achieved
- Seek out and define outsource iteration improvements and efficiency efforts
- Create and publish workflow and process documentation
- Mentor and train artists to promote best practices and achievable workflows
- Understand and communicate visual direction through words and images
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.