job summary: Position Description
Android Partner Engineering is looking for a technical writer who can take a wealth of internal documents, APIs, protocol specs, UX flows and technical notes and turn them into structured external communication. Maintaining Google Docs and Sites aimed at Android partners to developing API references and managing source HTML in a Git repository. Additional Responsibilities:
- Work in UNIX/Linux and online environments within various revision control systems.
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of professional Tech Writing experience
- Proficient in editing Markdown and HTML,
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships with cross functional partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, impeccable business judgment and solid understanding of user-experience principles
- Expert command of writing technology-focused copy that builds confidence and helps manufacturers and developers understand and implement new technologies.
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Familiarity with source code management, build systems, and related processes.
- Prefer candidates with previous Google experience (G3 Docs and Devsite)
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 76 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Write all forms of documentation for Android mobile device manufacturers, from specifications and procedures to release notes and presentations.
- Interview engineers, product managers and technical account managers to compile this information.
- Publish in a variety of media and tools, including raw HTML, Google Sites and Google Docs
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.