Sr. Project Manager
Our client is looking to hire a Sr. Project Manager. As a Sr. Project Manager, you will lead teams to deliver projects across one or more business units. You are successful in managing resources, schedules, financials, and adhering to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full system's development life cycle. This includes management of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
location: Sparks, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
responsibilities: WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will lead teams to deliver projects across one or more business units. You are
successful in managing resources, schedules, financials, and adhering to stage gate quality and SDLC
control guidelines throughout the full system's development life cycle. This includes management of issues,
risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. You will contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery and run the project on a day-to-day basis. You will verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality within the specified constraints of time and cost, and achieve the potential benefits defined in the business case. Additional responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Managing a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple lines of business.
- Providing on-site leadership for project teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals and adheree to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Owning the full project life cycle, including project delivery, full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously.
- Managing all aspects of multiple projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, tests, and deployment management activities.
- Working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Participating in developing and refining practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
You have experience in SDLC Methodologies including Agile: SCRUM, KanBan, SAFE, DevOps, CI/CD, and Waterfall. You are a strong leader and have diplomatic and motivational skills, including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations and proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence. You are able to build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives, have excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills. You are self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands, as well as be able to research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results. You are skilled in to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), MS Sharepoint, Lucid Chart, Atlassian Jira/Confluence, adept at researching project-related issues and products. You are able to learn, understand and apply new technologies and support a diverse and inclusive work environment. YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor's Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience, 5+ years of Project Management experience, including tracking and planning projects, 5+ years experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment, 1+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client/business and documentation as well as 3+ years of experience with entire product lifecycle in a technical software organization.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- JIRA (2 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.