Calling project managers/scrum masters looking to grow their career in a dynamic team and technical environment! Our client is looking for a The Technical Project Manager, Scrum Master. They will report to the Business Solutions Manager, and will deploy software that drives revenue generation and business efficiency through current technology and a next generation of marketing, commerce, CRM, business intelligence, partner integration, and advertising solutions. Apply today!
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $54 - 57 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of software and solutions that meet business needs suited to our existing and changing technical architecture.
- Help drive the organization's early-stage agile transformation by providing traditional project management support and ultimately facilitating the adoption of Agile Practices. Specific areas of transformation and support required are shifting from projects to value streams, "project plans" to sprint and release plans, supporting and leading traditional release and deployment approaches, story pointing and estimating, risk management, and refining current Agile/Scrum practices.
- Improve, optimize, document, and create adherence around technical operational processes, including requirements, process analysis, development/configuration, testing, implementation/release, and maintenance.
- Help create improved and evolved processes to support a changing business and technology team and maintain a well-managed, well-communicated intake process that results in a clear understanding of progress, challenges, and priorities.
- Hold the delivery team accountable for meeting deadlines and goals for sprints as well as macro-level initiatives. Works with Business Solutions Manager to develop milestone, release, and task plans with the appropriate level of detail for the effort.
- Manage the tasks of solution owners, systems analysts, and developers whose primary role is to partner with the business to facilitate the discovery, definition, and delivery of IT solutions in the form of business and customer-facing software systems and applications.
- Facilitate daily stand-up, bug scrubs, backlog grooming, iteration planning, story pointing, sprint review, and iteration retrospectives, and work with Development Leads to manage deployment activities.
- Drive team iteration, execution, and communicate with management and stakeholders to help protect the team from uncontrolled injection of work.
- Maintain team data in project management software (i.e., JIRA, Manuscript, etc.) to support estimates and execution.
- Supports product owner(s) with intra-team dynamics with respect to priorities and scope.
- Promote, administer, monitor, and demand proper use of scrum management tools as defined by the process committee and lead team effort in relentless process improvement.
- Manage and forecast resource and budget allocation and track and report on capacity, velocity, and burndown.
- Present high-level project readouts for senior management, and articulate overall workstream process at an executive level (business and technology).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.