The Software Engineer position will be responsible for hands-on development as well as lead the development of Next Generation Enterprise solutions for Global eCommerce. SE will be responsible for application development in support of the multi-platform roadmap. Responsible for application architecture, ensure high performance, scalability and availability for those applications. Position Description
As the Conversational AI Platform team we are building completely new capabilities to allow our customers to shop by seamlessly interacting with their connected devices using spoken language and other modalities. This team is part of the Emerging Tech organization and will build new experiences both in-house and in collaboration with strategic partners. Voice as a medium for shopping is still in its infancy and as part of this team you will get to work on industry leading solutions and be at the forefront of this emerging platform. You will get to part of defining how customers shop in everyday lives. Areas of responsibility include:
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards
- Drives technical vision and influences product roadmap and vision
- Implement large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Supervise the work of cross-functional groups of engineers, including offshore associates
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- 7+ years of experience in eCommerce Software development
- 7+ years of programming experience in architecting highly scalable & performing Web Applications
- Masters or equivalent degree in a computational science or engineering with 5+ years of experience or Bachelors with 7+ years experience;
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop/Spark) and relational data base (e.g., Oracle, MySQL), and knowledge of NoSQL database;
- strong implementation experience with a programming language (e.g., Java/C++/Scala) and a scripting language (e.g., Python/Perl/Ruby), and familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- strong and demonstrable experience of building complex software systems with deep algorithmic solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- Experience building and maintaining large scale data pipelines in online advertising, recommender system, search, e-commerce or relevant areas;
- Experience building and/or maintaining machine learning models and pipelines;
- Familiarity with job scheduler (e.g., Jenkins/Azkaban/Airflow);
- Experience with Elastic Search/Solr.
- Additional Preferred Qualifications
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues
- Documents testing and maintenance of application corrections and improvements
- Influence decisions, builds consensus, and resolves conflicts constructively and proactively
- Supports business objectives and ensures the business needs are being met
- Experience level:
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.