job summary: Position Description
Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products and experiences. Collect and analyze user behavior via quantitative methods, benchmark studies, lab studies and surveys. Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research. Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations. Requirements: strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase. Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design. Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills. he ability operate in a very fast-paced environment. A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world. Key areas of responsibility (training provided)
- Sets up and operates user research lab equipment
- Assist with user testing preparation activities
- Assist with data collection activities from a variety of research methods
- Observe usability testing sessions, taking notes, reporting out and providing detailed transcripts for the team on a weekly cadence
- Moderate studies
- Executes planned experiments in a repeatable manner
- Conducts experiments in the lab
- B.S or graduate degree in HCI, psychology, anthropology, human factors or other relevant field
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Conducts experiments in the field
- Provide suggestions to improve current best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Travel is expected (within the country and possibly internationally)
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.