job summary: Description: Role Overview
- The Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer performs testing of software applications using QA testing practices and frameworks.
- This role provides appropriate and timely status, metrics and communication to stakeholders.
- As well, this role tests solutions in response to changing business or project needs.
- The Senior QA Automation Engineer aids in the identification of continuous process improvement of QA standards and practices.
location: Vernon Hills, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $59.66 - 64.66 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform analysis of business requirements for accuracy, completeness, redundancy, ambiguity, and testability.
- Define testing scope, approach, risks, and assumptions.
- Design, build, and prioritize test cases.
- Create and maintain the testing project schedule.
- Execute testing.
- Report and communicate test status and metrics to project stakeholders.
- Make recommendation for change, technological innovation, continuous improvement, and documentation of Software Quality Assurance processes, practices, and frameworks, assuring a high level of system readiness prior to production implementation.
- Identify and recommend changes to status reporting and quality metrics.
- Participates in peer reviews of project deliverables.
- The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position.
- It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity.
- Responsibilities are subject to change.
- 5 years of full life cycle Software Quality Assurance process experience (requirements analysis, decomposition, test case design, prioritization and risk analysis, test execution, metric reporting, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology.
- Ability to create automated test scripts beyond record and playback to recognize UI controls and develop utilities, functions, control flow logic, loops
- Understanding of multiple IT technical platforms, and application development methodologies.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle, testing methodologies, version control systems, and quality assurance
- Ability to work well with team members
- Hands on experience using TOSCA with Angular Web app, WPF app and APIs
- Experience working with the Agile Dual Track Scrum methodology
- Experience with Microsoft Test Manager and related APIs to integrate with Visual Studio
- Experience using Visual Studio IDE, C# Programming Language, and the Microsoft.Net Framework
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.