job summary: Description:
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of web design, responsive design, cross browser compatibility, page optimization, search engine optimization, and development and testing.
- The developer will bridge the gap between design and implementation; providing web solutions involving collaboration, portals, enterprise search, mobile functionality, and interactive forms.
- The qualified candidate will work in an Agile/Scrum delivery model and perform duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software environment that serves a complex education community.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $31.21 - 41.21 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop web applications and sites that engage and retain visitors.
- Provide guidance on industry best practices, guidelines and governance for web applications and web sites.
- Manage latest requirements for cross-browser compatibility and page optimization.
- Develop application and sites to include social media and mobile functionality.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure end product is delivered with quality outcomes.
- Perform benefit analysis for IT solutions and make recommendations for technology direction.
- Articulate ideas and demonstrate a willingness to bring new ideas to the forefront frequently.
- Maintain excellent knowledge base of industry trends and developments.
- Stay apprised of latest technologies and innovations in web application technologies.
- Supervise and direct staff as assigned.
- Participate in recruiting and staff performance reviews as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
Must also have expertise in the following:
- Responsive web design, fluid layouts and positioning, including Mobile Interfaces
- Browser behavior and compatibility, cross-browser issues and solutions, and testing
- Knowledge of SEO concepts and coding for Search Engine Optimization
- Knowledge of/coding REST APIs, AJAX, XML (XSD, XSL, XPATH), and Template Engines and MVC Frameworks
- Creating CSS3 Animations
- Knowledge of source control concepts and can commit code to repositories such as Git, SVN, TFS
- Rapid Prototyping Skills with the ability to demonstrate/pitch website design/functionality to a client
- Creating and executing unit tests using established unit test framework
- Must have advanced skills in object oriented coding and scripting in languages such as Java, .net/C#, php, ruby as well as skills in relational database modeling and creating advanced SQL queries/procedures.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.