We are seeking an seeking an experienced, skilled information technology candidate to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting network databases and systems, updating system hardware and software, troubleshooting for system errors, and assisting team members in supporting all data security and optimization. The Director of IT provides hardware and telephony support, software and application support, system administration, data integrity and infrastructure management. An extensive background in technology and computer science, with experience in maintaining and installing IT systems, is a must.
location: CHICAGO, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, virus protection, and email security.
- Perform data backups to ensure all company-owned work is saved.
- Install and update network system improvements.
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
- Monitor servers, LAN/WAN, and Wi-Fi to ensure full coverage.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and support of new software and features.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software and hardware.
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc.
- Provide continuous technical support either by phone, remote access, or site visits.
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors.
- Consult with vendors and clients to integrate and update company technology.
- Ensure system optimization for all technology resources.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- IT Project Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.