Enterprise Data Management (EDM) is responsible for the development, execution, supervision of plans, policies, program and practices that deliver key data controls, support data protection and enhancements to the strategic value of data that leads to data becoming an information asset. EDM supports the entire lifecycle of data from acquisition to archival.
EDM will use the metadata to support Data to Intelligence initiatives and drive one source of truth culture by identifying authoritative data stores. EDM facilitates this function by owning and managing the EDM core pillars; Profiling, Business Glossary, Data Dictionary, Data Flow and Data Lineage for C;ient Critical Data Elements.
This position will be part of the Data Management
team and requires someone that can communicate requirements clearly through conversations with both technical and business partners. This person will initiate and maintain data lineage documentation, develop source to target mappings, data flow diagrams, system context diagrams, and assist in creating BI reports.
Will work with: Infosphere Glossary Catalog (IGC), SQL, BI Tools, and Data Governance Tools. Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience in data management, business intelligence, data warehousing, reference and master data management experience or related field in the financial services industry
- strong experience with documentation and data visualization
- Proficiency in Relational and Columnar databases
- Working knowledge of any data governance tools (Collibra, Alation, Informatica, IGC, Talend)
- Critical Thinking: Ask questions, Dig-in, explore & come to new conclusions based on the findings
- Passion, positive attitude, engagement and desire to take over challenging assignments as part of a team, making things WORK
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience with data modeling and documentation
- Working knowledge of BI tools (Power BI is a plus)
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP) is a plus
- Working knowledge of database programming languages is a plus including (e.g. Python, R, Scala, Pig, Hive, Java or equivalent language
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $43.41 - 53.41 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Implement strategic analysis to define and support the Data Management Strategy for existing and new approaches to enterprise data sourcing/management.
- Configure and maintain an agile project management tool - Jira to organize use case and deliverables.
- Manage Epics and Stories interfaces as required for the initiatives, including Kanban and Dashboards within Jira.
- Experience mapping conceptual data models and considering backend organization and frontend accessibility.
- Design data flow diagrams and entity relationship diagrams, to promote authoritative data stores.
- Tactical support of key initiatives such as Data to Intelligence that includes gathering requirements, providing technical documentation, demonstrating how solutions will work and be implemented, providing analysis for troubleshooting and reporting, identify gaps in data capture strategy, collaboratively implement enhancements and data quality curation.
- Contribute to Change Management process improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate, identify and document existing business processes and standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously; proven leadership ability.
- Prepare project progress reports and status reports and submit to management on an ongoing basis.
- strong project management and delivery experience leading large-scale Information Management / Enterprise Data Management engagements through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Use interpersonal, office, and media relations skills to maintain smooth internal operations within data governance office.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Business Analysis
- Power BI
- Agile Methodology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.