job summary: Project Overview:
Google Photos has emerged as one of the fastest growing and most beloved products at Google, with over 1B+ monthly active users and counting. Our mission is to be the home for the world's memories, automatically organized, and easily shareable. While we've made great progress toward fulfilling our mission to our users, we still have many hard problems and challenges left to solve. Come be a part of one of the most dynamic and quality-focused UX teams at Google and help further our mission! Overall Responsibilities:
In this role, you'll be working on monetization-focused projects for Google Photos, primarily focusing on user journeys in our Storage and Printing surfaces. With guidance from your UX manager, you'll drive UX for ongoing projects and propose new UX solutions for improving these journeys. You'll also collaborate with UXR, PM, ENG, PgM, along with other UXers on a regular basis. This is a role for someone who's comfortable solving complex interaction design and information architecture problems while supporting a variety of flows and use-cases. Skill/Experience/Education
- BA/BS degree in design or equivalent practical experience
- 5-7+ years of experience in designing mobile and web experiences for consumer-facing products
- Mastery of end-to-end design process (requirements, wireframing, interaction design, visual design)
- Working knowledge of motion design, prototyping, and user research Experience in collaborating with with cross-functional team members
- Excellent visual design skills (deep understanding of Material Design) strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of designing and shipping successful large-scale digital products
- Experience with complex projects involving cross-team stakeholder groups
- High fidelity motion design and prototyping skills (Principle, Origami, etc)
- User research methods (in-person evaluations, heuristic analysis)
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 87 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Propose UX solutions for key user problems/features on mobile and web platforms
- Collaborate with with UXR, PM, ENG etc. and refine the solutions based on feedback
- Create detailed design specifications for solutions to be implemented by the ENG team
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.