We are currently seeking a contract Network Administrator for the Humble, TX area. An ideal candidate will provide user and systems support on company-supported computer applications and platforms. You will be responsible for troubleshooting problems and advising on the appropriate action. Requirements:
Key Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree preferred but may be substituted for equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment.
- 5 years' experience as a Network Administrator
- 5 years experience with Cisco Switching (i.e. Switch fabric)
- 5 years experience with Firewalls (Sophos would is highly desirable) and Security (i.e segmentation)
- 5 years experience with Active Directory
- 5 years experience with HP Server
- Experience researching, analyzing, and interpreting ERP problems.
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications.
- Familiarity with database queries.
- Knowledge of database design and theories.
- Ability to work with data architects and other IT specialist to set up, maintain and monitor data networks.
- Knowledge of database structure languages, such as SQL or SQL/PSM.
- Experience with server installation and maintenance.
- Familiarity with database management best practices.
- Knowledge of IT security best practices.
- Experience with a variety of computer information systems.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms.
- Good multitasking abilities.
- knowledge and experience of customer service practices.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Problem-solving and analysis
- Ability to work and collaborate within a team
- Attention to detail
location: Humble, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $1 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Support Global Shop by troubleshooting issues, maintaining company settings, and user security.
- Respond to ticket-based user requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, chat or email.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Advise users and management on appropriate actions as related to the ERP.
- Log all user interactions in ticketing software.
- Monitor help desk software for tickets.
- Take ownership of issues to ensure complete resolution.
- Redirect problems to correct resource.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Inform management of recurring problems.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Help update training manuals for new and revised software as related to the ERP.
- After hours management and maintenance of ERP as needed.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Network Security
- Network Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.