job summary: Description:
- The purpose of this role is to act as the liaison between the business and IT organizations to provide business critical or complex technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by providing the technical analysis of business requirements (including translation into functional requirements), problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a larger project team.
- Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured.
- Participate in testing, drive issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and develop all procedural documentation and manuals.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $54.54 - 59.54 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: This role is responsible for:
The ideal candidate for this position must possess:
- Understanding the business processes and the interdependencies of various systems in use.
- Facilitating interactive discussions with the business unit and technology teams in order to achieve alignment on defining requirements.
- Gathering, analyzing, documenting and translating business requirements into functional specifications that can be used to design and implement solutions to meet the business objectives.
- Managing the change control and traceability processes for requirements.
- Collaborating with architects to ensure alignment of requirements with system capabilities
- Analyzing complex system and system-related problems for the business unit and making recommendations for improvements or new designs
- Identifying potential solutions for the business and providing input into any risks and issues
- Creating and implementing test plans (schedule, approach, cases, scripts and conditions, etc.), including production check out and measuring testing performance results
- Ensuring the testing environment has sufficient test data to carry out the full test plans
- Ensuring all quality standards and techniques are followed, including compiling and publishing artifacts and deliverables of the client Project Management Methodology using the Capability Maturity Model integrated (CMMi) methods as required - Updating/creating user and technical documentation procedures and manuals, operational support documentation, and archival of project documentation.
- Identifying and communicating risks, issues and potential solution strategies along with providing status updates to the portfolio/project manager and/or senior leadership.
Additional Job Details:
- Solid understanding of the processes and systems in use (or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge).
- The ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people of all levels across the organization and external partners as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively influencing decision making at various levels of the organizations.
- An attention for detail with the ability to translate for the business or technology in order to facilitate effective collaboration.
- Demonstrated proficiency with requirement and process tools (e.g. Visio, Provision, DOORS, HP Quality Center, etc.)
- Ability to handle changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and work within tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Solid analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use statistical analysis and modeling.
- BA and/or BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Most critical skills for this role (in addition to expected project business analysis/execution skillset):
- It is extremely important that the candidate is a very strong DRIVER who is self-motivated and can create processes and organize information in a meaningful way.
- Candidate must have proven excellent project business/business systems analyst skills; with project methodology experience. The analyst that is selected would be responsible for performing the business side analysis on all phases of a project to develop, align and deliver products and policies.
- Preferably, the candidate would have experience with projects relating to trading and the complexities of trading systems from both a business and technical perspective.
- Analyst must be skilled at understanding and organizing a large amount of information and data and communicating confidently and succinctly to a large and diverse audience.
- Candidate must be highly organized.
- They must be an excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and have experience creating detailed documentation. They must have proven skills finding linkages through gap analysis.
- It will be required in the role to both lead meetings and act as a scribe in some project meetings.
- Project Overview Advisory Models is a project which will create an extensive model library and comprehensive proposal for advisors, empowering them with first-class digital tools for portfolio construction and proposal generation combined with operational efficiency and control of central trading and automated rebalancing.
- Ability to quickly understand complex concepts and identify gaps and dependencies.
- Very detailed.
- Being able to think big picture and connect the dots.
- Ability to work independently and drive decisions once scope and expected project outcomes are understood.
- Expert level skills with Excel, Visio, and JIRA/Quality Center.
- Proven ability to quickly understand new systems and applications.
- Experience with trading.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.