We are seeking a qualified, experienced Senior DevOps Engineer
to join our team. Our Senior DevOps Engineer designs, tests, and deploys Azure functions for serverless and automated solutions. You specifically build and maintain native Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines, including related integrations and tools. You partner with Management and our Clients directly to ensure solutions are designed to meet Client needs and security requirements. You design these solutions to seamlessly integrate with existing systems. You collaborate with our internal teams and our Clients' teams to define boundaries between project roles. You actively test and troubleshoot solutions to ensure system integrity and security. You also provide backup DevOps support to our Enterprise Engineering and Support Services departments. Daily use of our ticketing system and monitoring platform is required.
location: Elmhurst, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
55% - Design and Implementation
- Design, build, test, and deploy native Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Convert and conform legacy pipelines to Azure DevOps.
- Create functional ARM templates for Infra as Code implementations.
- Integrate Microsoft SQL and Azure Cosmos services into ADO pipelines.
- Advise on role-based access control (RBAC) for pipelines.
- Implement and troubleshoot Infra as Code (YAML, JSON, Terraform, Ansible, Bicep, etc.).
- Use and maintain other tools, solutions, and microservices associated with ADO solutions.
- Design all solutions in line with security best practices, as well as any additional requirements set forth by the project.
- Follow ticket, documentation, project scope, and Client Communication protocols, including updating procedures to ensure future integrations and deployments run smoothly.
20% - Collaboration
- Partner with Enterprise Engineering and Management to proactively evaluate Client platforms to review cost, capacity, and security in line with Azure best practices.
- Partner with Enterprise Engineering, Client teams (Developers, etc.), and Management to understand Client needs and define requirements.
- Partner with Enterprise Engineering, Client teams (Developers, etc.), and Management to define, enforce, and evolve boundaries between team roles for deployment projects and ongoing maintenance.
15% - Internal Support
- Provide backup support to Enterprise Engineering and Support Services, as needed.
- Ad hoc involvement in rolling out large-scale projects, as directed and authorized.
- Participate in emergency pager rotation schedule to drive progress on mission critical system issues.
10% - Professional Development
- Participate in Company-sponsored development activities and training to further develop your professional skills.
- Ongoing growth and development of your technical skills in line with the Company's technology formula to implement the most effective solutions for our Clients.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.