We have created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world. The foundation of this creativity starts with studio where we produce, acquire, and distribute live-action and animated motion pictures, video experiences, music, and live performances.
As part of the Studio's Technology team you'll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is dedicated to help us implement high-quality applications used in the development and production of film and direct-to-consumer content. We're a casual shop that values passion, community involvement and exceptional software. If this is you, we want you to join our team.
- Expert in the creation of CSS to accomplish what the UX/UI Designer requires of the application.
- Knowledge of deployment strategies of distributed and multi-tiered applications.
location: Burbank, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
1. Analysis and Design
- Consults with Business Analysts to identify and analyze technology needs and problems.
- Works closely with UX/UI Designer
- Performs data flow diagramming and/or process modeling (code architecture).
- Designs complex web components.
2. Development and Testing
- strong expertise and hands on experience in creating Style Sheets to accommodate a web application to the Designers specifications.
- Develops new complex features and functions for new web applications. Develops new complex software solutions according to defined application requirements and UX/UI Wireframes.
- strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Expert in connecting Web interface to back-end services and functions using AJAX and REST services.
- Deep understanding of current Web Development tendencies.
- Performs Unit Testing and debugging of applications.
- Identifies complex integration and user acceptance test scenarios.
- Provides programming support through all testing phases and general releases of software.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus.
3. Delivery and Installation
- Prepares pre-release and release processes including Change Control, Contingency and Fallback Plans.
- Assists the Infrastructure group with configuration and deployment of new systems.
4. Production Support
- Conducts functional analysis for production support activities.
- Identify complex problems and analyze potential solutions including workarounds.
- Performs tuning, repairs and/or maintenance to production applications.
- Works with other IT departments on integrated system support, as required.
- Works as a member of a cross-functional, integrated development team. Communicates plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Adheres to department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- User Interactive
- Java Script
- Angular JS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.