You will be part of the team creating the next-generation internal systems for movie and direct-to-consumer creative development and production. You should be comfortable being part of a cross-functional team and working with a diverse group of business stakeholders and technologists. We expect you to have a deep understanding of Quality Assurance Testing.
location: Burbank, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 54 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Your key responsibilities will be:
1. Test Planning
- Works with business analysts and application developers to develop test plans based on functional specifications.
- Develops additional testing documents based on test plan, such as test scenarios, test cases and test matrices.
- Creates test data to support test execution.
- Assists in the preparation of scripts for automated test execution.
- Assists in the set up of test environments to mirror production environment.
2. Test Execution
- Works with clients and project team members to ensure requirements and development standards are met.
- Executes test plans and scripts, both manual and automated.
- Validates and documents test results.
- Makes recommendations to project team and Production Acceptance regarding "quality readiness"
- Assists with test environment refreshes.
- Adheres to QA and departmental standards.
- Participates in project meetings as required.
3. Defect Tracking
- Documents and tracks program defects.
- Provides cursory analysis of defects to developers and other project team members.
- Provides research assistance to developers and other project team members to resolve open defects.
4. Quality Assurance
- Participates in the improvement of existing quality assurance and control processes.
- Disseminates standards to other testing groups and monitor compliance.
- Works with project teams, application developers, or outside vendors to audit application testing.
- Assists with the maintenance of test environment and testing tools.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Adheres to department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates (required)
- Quality Assurance
- Process Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.