job summary: IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Proven ability to:
- Data Engineering and Analysis
- Understand and explain data systems
- Designed and specified ingestion patterns
- Completed systems integrations.
- Look at data types within a table, and figure out how to design integration
- Partner with engineers to complete all data analysis and engineering work and answer questions
- Function in an agile environment
Data Analysis, Data Engineering, Systems Integration. Experience will set candidates apart from one another:
Systems integration, API documentation/analysis, data architecture, big data platforms. Needed software tools/skills:
- Proven ability to understand complex data systems and environments (IE: Cockroach, Graph, SQL, and other Relational and non-relational data environments)
- Prior experience working with data transformation and visualization platforms (Snowflake, Alteryx, PowerBI, Plotly, vue.js, etc.)
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $46.50 - 58.13 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Ability to write complex queries in order to complete data analysis
- Be able to optimize complex queries in order to improve performance
- Experience with performing data modelling to support reporting needs
- Understand the architecture, design, and specifications of APIs, tables, and data systems
- Ability to independently lead highly technical Joint Application Development and highly detailed business need discussions
- Be able to decipher ingestion patterns into specifications and logic that engineers can build
- Create value by understanding the needs of customers or projects and then creating the best solution instead of simply gathering and meeting requirements
- Create high quality, detailed acceptance criteria to meet the needs of both engineers completing work and automated or manual testing platforms
- Actively seeks opportunities to assist engineering staff in removing roadblocks, understanding problems, or completing pre-work for development.
- Lead without authority to ensure that projects and efforts complete on time
- Enjoy partnering closely with engineers and other Product Owners.
- Have a deep respect for the unpredictability of software development, e.g. acceptance that technical roadblocks surfacing at the least convenient time (Murphy's Law).
- Be comfortable making decisions with limited data or time
- Have an understanding of Agile Scrum in order to facilitate discussion in ceremonies
- Ability to speak to a wide variety of people from various technical backgrounds, ranging from engineers to executive leadership
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Systems integration
- Data Analysis
- Data Engineering
- big data
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.