job summary: Tell us about your department:
Digital Release operations team is responsible to coordinate and execute application deployments of 600+applications. The applications are hosted across various platforms (openshift, AWS, Data Cener). Project Description:
- Manage and execute daily deployments using the standard deployment tool called deploy-gem as we see an increasing number of Enterprise applications across multiple platforms transition to deploy-gem
- Coordinate and Approve runtime- production changes.
- Facilitate Holiday(Thanksgiving week) playbook activities and Production changes
location: Richfield, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $37 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Facilitate zero downtime deployments for Dotcom web applications on various platforms such as AWS, datacenter & openshift;
- Resolve lower environment issues to support QA & Stage testing by product teams and performance testing teams by troubleshooting errors in the log files;
- Build and deploy code for complex software to environments to support the release process from Quality Assurance through Production;
- Manage and schedule production releases effectively by collaborating with Product teams and Support teams;
- Work with Development teams and DBAs to resolve conflicts with code and database changes;
- Execute Cockroach, MySQL, Oracle Database deployments using Liquibase tool;
- Interact with business stakeholders and developers to modify existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware and improve performance;
- Coordinate scheduled database refreshes from Production for Quality Assurance and Stage environments;
- Manage uptime of Quality Assurance and Stage environments, including the associated applications, either directly or working with 3rd party support teams;
- Manage timely resolution of critical and/or complex problems with the different platforms in multiple environments including necessary communication including project management, business stakeholders and operations What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
- Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Experience including Jenkins
- Experience with Development / Operations & Release Engineering functions including monitoring, deployments
- Openshift & AWS Platforms
- Experience with tools like Chef or Puppet
- Apache/Tomcat or related server experience What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
- Automation experience to support deployments and Release process using scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Shell etc
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Release Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.