We are looking for a Deposit Operations Manager to join our team managing a large group of direct reports and the entire deposit operations process. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing financial institution and move up in the ranks quickly! If you have a heavy regulatory background, management experience and compliance apply today for immediate consideration!
location: Wayne, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 78,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise workflow of Deposit Operations department; conduct efficiency reviews of daily processing.
- Administer department's functions, ensuring compliance with the organizations policies, legal and government rules and regulations by establishing, monitoring and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Analyze operational problems and develops procedures for their resolution.
- Relay communications from branches, Compliance, Marketing, HR, upper management, etc.
- Act as primary point of contact/administrator for outside agencies and vendors, including Federal Reserve Bank, and other correspondents, fraud detection software, wire transfer module, and NY/NJ State agencies.
- Coach, develop and lead staff to maximize their potential.
- Conduct performance appraisals, create performance improvement plans, when necessary, and make salary recommendations.
- Develop and maintain manuals and references, and participate in staff training to effectively implement bank policies and procedures.
- Recommend and implement business plans, operational procedures and system utilization that support the organization's long-term strategic objectives and vision.
- Address special projects as assigned (new products, new branches, branch closings, etc.).
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry groups and organizations to stay abreast of changes in federal and state banking regulations and ensures that changes are implemented in a timely manner.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly reporting for DIP accounts, IOLTA and branch issues to Regional Administrators.
- Provide operational support to branch staff and other areas of the bank.
- Decision exception items.
- Review and sign-off on Department processes.
- Act as Branch Administration liaison.
- Act as BSA contact regarding fraud issues, account compromises and reporting.
- Act as contact for Deposit Escrow products (branch, business development, financial institutions, and customer).
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Deposit Operations (5 years of experience is required)
- Banking (5 years of experience is required)
- Regulatory Affairs / Compliance (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.