The Technical Support Specialist primarily involved with analyzing, installing, configuring, and maintaining network infrastructure and application components while supporting technicians in the field. This role performs a wide variety of evaluation, installation, and training tasks to ensure performance measures are met. The Technical Support Specialist follows industry best practices and provides instruction on network configurations, installation of network and computing equipment, installation of cabling and other infrastructure products, and adheres to proper documentation and change management processes. The role is also responsible for supporting end-users by ensuring proper setup, operation, and maintenance of all devices necessary to accomplish business tasks. Must be able to follow a script and be able to troubleshoot network issues which would require them to think outside the script. Most issues will be switch issues wrong ports, bad ports, wrong VLans, might have to troubleshoot the tunnel between the network.
location: MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
job type: Contract
salary: $28.00 - 31.25 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Setup and configure multi-site Cisco switching and routing environments.
- Setup and configure multi-site Cisco wireless environments.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephone and security systems to resolve issues and restore service.
- Respond to customer and vendor questions and provide technical assistance and support.
- Document/log all activities including details on the end user, problem summary, solution summary, installation notes and job progress.
- Follow written work flow documents.
- Review data to determine required tasks in support of new technology projects and then manage and deliver in accordance with established objectives.
- Perform configuration of customer equipment remotely and at times, onsite.
- Participate in project kick-off meetings and provide updates in team calls.
- Consult with assigned customers, vendors, sales members, engineers or other individuals to discuss and resolve issues for assigned customer's projects.
- Install, configure, diagnose, repair, and upgrade all corporate hardware and equipment while ensuring its optimal performance.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Understand the company's corporate IT policies and report violations or concerns.
- Provide timely status updates to customers.
- Verify technician check-ins and check-outs and gather deliverables.
- Strive to understand budgets and contracts in place with assigned customers
- Complete and close out project checklists
- Develop strong business relationships with customers and field technicians
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Cisco (3 years of experience is required)
- Wireless (3 years of experience is required)
- Route/Switch (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.