Role requiring senior level person to jump in and work with IT department.
- 5+ years of experience in related field; supporting end-users (in person) in a corporate environment
- Knowledge of WIN 7/10
- Be able to troubleshoot; WIN 7/10, Office 365, computers/laptops SW and HW (on windows)
- Be able to troubleshoot video conference rooms
- Communication skills; be able to assist users and explain issue in non technical terms for user to understand and communication clearly with other team members verbally, written, and process flow charts
- Excellent customer service skills, strong attention to details with excellent follow up is preferred, with a sense of urgency daily interaction with user and team
- Able to work independently as well as with a team
- Able to lift to 40+ pounds of technical equipment
- Knowledge of network implementation, server hardware, software installation, and maintenance, in coordination with other corporate IT teams.
- Knowledge of ITIL and ITSM best practices
Nice to have:
- 4 year college degree in relevant field
- Mac knowledge
- IT COMPTIA certifications; 2+years;
- General knowledge of networking such as TCP/IP routing on WANs and LANs, switches, firewalls, VPN's, SAN and wireless
location: MILPITAS, California
job type: Contract
salary: $29.84 - 34.84 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work on SNOW ticketing queue; creating help desk tickets; notifying team members via email when taking an open request and when the request is completed.
- Service Walk-Ups (Front-Line IT person) at IT Service Station for break\fix, resolve issues, triage incidents and requests of various IT Services.
- Support and handle new hire tasks; provision new systems for replacement and new hires setup
- Service End-User Walk-Ups and by Phone.
- Assists in determining suitable software and/or hardware to meet user requirements.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to personal (desktop or laptop) computers.
- Performing regular maintenance on PC equipment such as computers, notebook computers, printers, and auto-switches; scanning computers for viruses
- Maintaining an inventory of PC hardware equipment and software programs
- Providing relocation of PC systems as needed
- Meeting and coordinating with other local Technology department members on product installation, training, and support
- Coordinating with other areas and departments of the firm where overlap exists to develop efficient procedures and communications to streamline processes regarding product installation, training, and support to satisfy various department needs
- Assisting with special projects on various issues as needed
- Documentation; write and update documentation of all IT/Systems Processes
- May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization's computer users about basic and specialized applications.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.