Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
After receiving market-level plans, customer capacity requirements and internal transport requirements the transport engineer is responsible for timely creation of individual Capacity Creation Requests (CCRs) to initiate US domestic network transport builds across both ULH and OTN Mesh networks.
- The Engineer must have a good understanding of the transport network, to effectively Engineer and initiate network projects.
- This transport network will support customer driven and internal transport requirements, including Private IP, Public IP and Wireless traffic.
- As network plans are developed, considerations such as space-constrained and/or power-constrained locations, available fiber, diversity, reliability and cost effectiveness, must be cared for.
- Responsible for identifying and working with the appropriate stakeholders to resolve issues and to eliminate performance roadblocks.
- Participate in continuous improvement and business transformation activities.
- Flexibility with full-time schedule, including evenings, weekends, and being on-call.
- Ability to locally commute and attend off-site partnership/stakeholder meetings when needed. (An average of 15% per month).
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in functional area and of telecommunications technology including: ROADM, MESH, SONET/SDH, ULH
Even better if you have:
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, functions) performing data/statistical analysis and visualization, (SQL a plus).
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, self-starter, professionally driven, ability to meet deadlines, and comfortable working in fast-paced, dynamic settings.
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to work with others, be flexible as priorities change, and be extremely sensitive to deadlines and customer needs.
- Experience collecting and consolidating information from multiple tools, systems or platforms into a single database or data repository.
- Experience building, configuring and designing reports utilizing data retrieved from our supporting systems and metrics.
- Familiarity with systems like ICON, CCP, BGW, MECCA, NTLS, TCOMS or nSAP is a plus.
Accepting below locations:
-Garden City, NY
-Silver Springs, Maryland
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Network Engineer
- transport engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.