We are looking for a Wireless Engineer to join our team. This person will have a background that aligns with the information included below. If this looks like something you would be interested in speaking to us about please apply here. We look forward to speaking with you and potentially having you join the team. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Must have unimpaired hearing, be able to communicate orally and via telephone. Ability to distinguish between colors, read printed material, lift/carry 60 pounds, climb stairs/ladders, must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or work in other uncomfortable positions to accomplish tasks. Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to work with hand tools. SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night hours; overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required.
- Must also have at least 2 years related technical training or equivalent experience, or have minimum of 1-year time in title as Wireless Engineer or Network Engineer.
- Requires valid state driver's license, or CDL, whichever is applicable, and satisfactory driving record check.
- May require ability to drive vehicle with manual gearshift.
- May be required to be away from home location for extended periods of time.
- May work outside in all type of weather.
- Not looking for cellular experience.
- Classroom training. May be away from home location.
- On-the-job training.
- Computer Based training.
- On-line training.
- Self Study.
location: Frisco, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
Installation and configuration of Wireless Controllers (Cisco, Aruba, Motorola, Ruckus etc..) MUST HAVE
Site Survey using Airmagnet or Ekahau is a must.
Post Installation coverage verification using Airmagnet, Ekahau
Troubleshooting using Cisco Spectrum Expert or Airmagnet WIFI Analyzer
Conducts collection and presentation of field data of wireless network as required during Survey and Post-Install site visits.
Able to configure and troubleshoot wireless controllers (WLC).
Performs basic network cabling as required on per site basis.
Ability to identify of telephony equipment i.e. CSU/DCU, smart jacks, 66 & 110 blocks and other network equipment as needed.
Performs manual cross connect functions on telephony blocks and/or patch panels.
Uses computer inputs to create, modify, and/or correct database contents on network management devices.
Knowledge and experience in configuring Cisco network switches and wireless access points.
Able to use Microsoft Excel, Word and Visio to create site as-built documents.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Network Engineer
- wireless engineer
- Wireless Controller
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.